Friday, January 29, 2010

Dear Diary


Here I was surfing net as usual and listening to some of my favourite songs when this song “Dear Diary” by Britney reminded me of my own diary. Yes, I am a diary person… I don’t jot down every second of my life every day (thinking that would be published as my biography after I m dead…that would be so lame!!) , but yes, I do write when I feel like communicating with myself for a change. I will surely write sometime on why I write a diary or why it’s a healthy habit that everyone should follow. But for now, let’s just focus on the thing that I am here to write about.

So I was listening to this song and I thought of reading my old diary which I wrote some four years ago and as I had never imagined, every single page I read made me laugh even more than the previous one. The first thing that came into my mind was, “I can’t believe I was so immature”. Yes, I surely was very immature. I had written about small small things that hurt me and how immature my behaviour to such scenarios was and now these things didn’t even make any difference to me or my life anymore. I didn’t care about that stuff anymore. Isn’t it funny how unpredictable our life is. One day we are crying out our eyes for something and the a few months later we don’t even care a little bit about it. There I was writing about things in my diary that obviously were important to me at that point of time and now I don’t even remember them.

I thought, “Is this just me or does everyone feel like this when we read old stuff? ” I did a little research on the topic from net and bang!! I was right. Every single person had felt the same thing after reading an old diary.Everyone thought that they were immature and stupid back then. The point I am trying to make is that we all face problems and bad phases in life. And it seems like the bad things will make our life miserable. We tend to think that these things will leave their mark. But to our relief the truth is that we have a very week memory and a very strong heart. We grow with time both mentally and physically. And over time these things become so small that our brain erases the pain away. Of course there are things that are too strong for the brain to erase but then, that’s where sanity makes the decision. So let’s just stop worrying about small things like when someone hurt you or something that made you feel terrible. Just concentrate on the good things because these will be there with you forever. So why think about stuff that won't matter a few days later and waste the precious time of our life when we can enjoy being alive and stay happy.

Life is what we want it to be…we are what we want to be… this is the ultimate truth…and all we need to do in order to be happy is to ‘stay happy’…just smile your pains and troubles away…because this is the ultimate way of living…because this is called life!!!

13 comments:

  1. Aah the tryst with Diaries!!! I am exactly like you on that front at least, i.e. I write when I feel like writing and then when I read them years later... well its just plain reassuring that you still made it, right! What we can take from it though are the pearls of experience. There are so many lessons that life teaches us, so many that we actually lose track of most of them as life progresses. Sometimes its nice to revisit those memories, those scenes were we may have acted stupidly, bravely, romantically, or otherwise. Then when we put it all in perspective, we find find out that how enriched our life is today (or at least, what could have been!) because of those experiences.
    Thanks for getting me in touch with those feelings again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i already knew you were a diary person kiran :)..and i agree to every single point you wrote... writing diary is really helpful in many ways. wait for my post on the advantage of writing diaries..for now lets just say, it helps us in looking back and knowing how much we have learnt over the time...keep reading and commenting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanity works whn u read ur own dairy after few years but i don't knw why we write and consider our stuffs whenever we feel bad aur sady max. times. we sud place it in some good things too.i stopped writing dairy abt 2yrr's before with crushing all stuff. b'coz i don't want to memorize those things tht hurts a lot. so i feel okk now. what is wrong in it now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @naveen: first of all i would like to emphasize that i ddnt say that we shuold pen down just the bad stuff in our diary..good things too get a place in it and more than the bad things..and comming back to your question i would say nothing is wrong in not writing a diary. but writing one does make a lot of difference. writing a diary isnt just about writing stuff down to read after some time and get back all the old memories. Its like sharing moments of our life with a buddy. A friend might break your trust and leak out your personal information but a diary would never. and it also becomes a part of the healing process. bad thoughts in mind kill you by poisioning your mind but bad words on a paper never do any harm. Just write it down, get all the anger out and there you go..stress free again..i'll pen down all about the diary writing in my next post..hope you'll get a detailed answer to your question there. keep reading and commenting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i appreciate diary writing b'coz i knw d value of it . yep we never write fr our collection to read in future alws.it is only my comment on ur post frm my side. so keep writing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting to see ur definition of life... i think "to stay happy" is not the only content of life. I mean pain, sorrow and many other emotions shud be actively involved.
    Life is about going through the emotions. We aint no animals, we are humans full of emotions.

    U dont have to stay happy and suppress ur anger or sorrow when u fail miserably in ur task, u have to cry it out before u make a next strong attempt on it.

    U cant always go away with "Happy go lucky" nature in ur life. thts wht i believe.

    No offence but for some situations in life when one thinks "to stay happy" is the ultimate way of living life then it just shows Ignorance.I could be wrong. What do u say?

    And waiting for ur healthy habbit blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @addy: i never said staying happy is the only thing we should do..but ultimately everyone wantes to be happy..i dnt think anyone wants to cry everytime they hear about some sad incident in the past..what i am trying to say is that we grow with time and its really necessary to move on...ultimately everyone needs love and care..no one wants to live with pain and sorrow... i dnt say when something bad happs react like its nothing and be happy..dont ignore bad things but then keep in mind that bad things will pass and sometime in future we wont even care that those things happened.hope for the good days to come..the choice is yours..why be stupid and waste yor life away with complaints and tears..when u could be out there spreading smiles to people who dont have one...i hope my point is clear...thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ addy: one more thing, when we fail cryng doesn't help..what helps is, getting experience out of it and starting over with a smile...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh.. you have answered the unanswerable :D you know what LIFE is... :D wOw... okie... ya so... writing a diary itself is a stupid idea according to me now... though it eases you at that very moment and makes you feel better as if you shared yourself with someone you know, someone who cares as much as you do about yourself and all... but like you mentioned, in a week's time, or sometimes in a month or in a couple of hours at times, the wounds heal automatically and that pain that you then felt to be horrifying enough for the rest of your life is not there at all. Why living with the dead? why not just burring it and move on with the best (either the lesson or the gift) whatever life offers to you. Personal ways of thinking and dealing. Not saying you are wrong, if you still write and you feel like writing, its just that i dun write a diary no more. I have got like a million things to do before i die and all of them are far better than feeling sorry for yourself on a piece of paper.

    Phew............ enough blabbering.

    Keep Writing. M Reading ;) B H 3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice one....i am 1 of those who owaz use 2 penn down d bst days f my life...u reminded me of my old days...euuuuuu,so kiddish i was bt than dat was me....the crux of d story is dat v hav 2 face dis world strongly nd neva evr gv up...u go gurl...love

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ BH3: i understand what you are trying to say :) bt who said writing a diary is same as feeling sorry for ourselves?? we can pen down happy moments or sometimes even best times of our lives :) and reading them will surely bring back all the good feelings and put a smile on your face.. even when you are confused and cant think straight just try writing everything that comes to you mind at that point of time and u'll see ideas getting shape and a proper flow... u dnt need to be a diary junkie m just saying its a good idea... :) keep commenting... it encourages me to write more :)

    @shradha: thanks hun.. it was really nie to see your comment :) keep reading..

    ReplyDelete